View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
DH82c
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8110R
Carrier: Rogers
Default 8110 Reboot issue.

Please Login to Remove!

I am having a serious issue (well .. serious for me) with my 8110.
Bought it last Wed and had a few minor issues (missing apps because I copied my old 8100 blackberry.alx instead of modifying the new one for the 8110) but that was fixed (thanks to this forum).
All was fine over the weekend.
Tues my BB froze. I popped the battery out and it went into a reboot cycle.

Wed Called rogers support.. they reinstalled the OS.. problem persisited (even without a sim card).

Thurs Went to dealer and replaced unit since rogers support thought it was a hardware issue. Got back to the office and POOF.. same problem.

Went back today and got another. They had left the BB on and running (without sim) all morning.. no issues. To be safe I have replaced A) the usb cable (in case it was shorting something) b) the sim card and c) the microsd card. Did NOTHING funky. Installed rogers 4.3 desktop manager.. did OTA Enterprise activation.. changed my theme.. that is IT! All seem fine so I thew some mp3s on the sd card and was listening to Joe Pass when POOF.. did it again!!! It freezess.. and reboots by itself.

Just for fun I removed the microSD card and let it reboot.
So far so good (been an hour now without an issue). Has anyone see this before? it is a 1 gb sd card so shouldnt be an issue. I transfer the files using windows (not the desktop manager)... I cant think of anything else that would be doing this.

Any thoughts.. anyone???
Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote