View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #71
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagga View Post
Sorry I'm not conceding to your point. Its not completely correct either. The "best" browser currently available in a mobile form is not Safari - it doesn't support flash lite - and a lacking feature such as this doesn't make it the best. Sorry there are HUGE differences in Safari in Mac OS X and in the mobile browser, regardless of its touch capabilities or marketing by Apple that you've falling to succumb. Flash is being heavily used on websites, an thus far Apple has been slow to update the mobile Safari in the iPhone.

I am happy to agree that the S60 browser and the iPhone browser are the 2 best on the market. They share much of the same base and they are head and shoulders above the competition. I dont think that a single feature like Flash lite is enough to make up for Mobile Safari's faster rendering speeds and touch integration.

Nokia's lack to implement features on phones older than 6mths is marketing, not incapability in the same platform. You really need to begin venturing to other findings in other forums for other platforms to see what is/is not backwards compatible on S60 3rd Edition FP1. FP2 on S60 is delayed also on the E71 and on the upcoming E66 - sure they were rumored to feature it but no soft key middle button - offering a different function than a center-select key on a D-Pad. is not on recent beta-prototype production shots.

About the only thing worse then Nokia's US warranty service is their track record of releasing software updates and new products when they say they will. I will believe it when I see it.

Apple has already, in the short time their phone was available, proven willing to release frequent updates.

Sorry again. Being the most "popular" phone taking photos on a blog (for 1 yr? No timeline represented in that link) doesn't make it the best, or show that it lacks. What those specs do NOT show is how users are taken photos - range, quality, locations. This would just be too time consuming. Just remember who started the 'quality' mobile phone picture craze ... SE K750i/S700i. Sure you may feel that iPhone users just need easy pictures of close range. Then again, not eveyone falls into that category. Some of us don't wish to pretend to be batman carrying multiple devices seperately to enjoy features.

Flicker isn't 'some blog', AFAIK it is the largest photo sharing website in the world. For all their 'starting the mobile picture craze' sony sure has failed to turn that into a profitable mobile phone business. While I agree better picture quality is desirable apparently consumers dont want it enough to make Sony Ericsson's phone business profitable.

Really? I wonder what the total worldwide sales of the N95 vs all iPhone versions - and I'd be willing to limit the sales of the N95-2/3/4 from that (only the original N95).

While I would be interested to know that as well, I dont think it would be a fair comparison as the N95 had a world wide launch and was available 3-4 months before the iPhone.

I am also interested in the E71 (provided a 3g version for T-Mobile is available). However its lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack and its low resolution screen are making me lean more towards the Blackberry 9000 with T-Mobile 3g or the iPhone (assuming it is nice enough to make me forget 3g).
Offline   Reply With Quote