Old 07-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
berrydeezz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default If your with sprint get the Palm Pre

Please Login to Remove!

I had a 8830 for two years and I loved it, I use my phone mainly for work so email is the most important thing. Next would be GPS and Music and some light web. Now I just returned the Palm Pre and got the Tour and all I have to say is it's really not worth the money. The Pre is a great phone except the battery life sucks really bad and the keyboard sucks too (unless your 12 and your fingers are that little). Also I had a number of issues with the pre like the keyboard stopped working, phone freeze, etc. With all that said the pre still beats the crap out of the blackberry tour. And let me tell you why.

First off if you have a 8830 or a 8330 please do yourself a favor and just stick with it. There is nothing new here just a new theme, barely faster processor, evdo revA. If you upgrade directly from another blackberry it might seem cool and worth the money. But use an iphone, pre, g1 anything and you can see blackberry is really dated. I really don't understand how blackberry is really going to improve this OS.

This are things that will piss you off with the tour.

Battery Door will be loose and it's just annoying feels so cheap.
No Wifi, but honestly browsing the web on a blackberry already so I really don't know what I would need it for
Screen is way smaller than it looks
Sorry but this phone to me is nothing like the bold. Bold feels like how a blackberry should.
Blackberry App store can still crash your phone or cause it to lag.

Anyway sorry for the rant but I just had to say this. Blackberry really needs to catch up and I am afraid it will be another year before anything happens.
Offline   Reply With Quote