View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
DSS597
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I've had a Bold since it was available on AT&T. I was super excited when the N97 was finally available.

(You've almost fallen in love with the N97 but haven't tried it?)

At any rate I bought one and field tested it for about 3 weeks. If you're coming from a Bold, or any RIM device for that matter, you're not going to be happy with the N97. It just isn't as intuitive as the BlackBerry. Example, you can't hold down a letter and have it become a capital. The keyboard just isn't conducive to easy and accurate typing. Symbian's OS is super dated. Those are just a few things off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, the N97 is a sexy little device, but it's just not ready for "prime-time". I can't tell you how badly I wanted the N97 to replace my Bold. The N97 is great for its bells and whistles, but it doesn't do the basics well. On the other hand the Bold (RIM) have a reliable OS that does all of the basics very well, but there just aren't any real bells and whistles.

Let me know if you want more info. I just wanted to post this quickly.

BTW, I still have my N97 as a back up phone. I make sure to update it every time there's an update from Nokia, just hoping that they will address some of its deficiencies.