Drillbit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: IT&E

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
i have a 2nd gen touch.

this is what i am getting at, go sync an ipod touch to a device, i used my xp notebook, it syncs that notebook can add / remove etc. but that notebook 4 year old drive took a perm vacation.

so i got a new hdd, restored the system, i figured the music which wasn't from itunes but my own creations i can get of the touch back to the pc, good luck with this. it wont allow this.
That has nothing to do with DRM. That has something to do that the iPod or any MP3 device has to be synchronized with only one playlist.

That's all a matter of disciplinary file management.

Unless you use Air Search, the iPod Touch does not act like a flash drive, like Windows Mobile phones can when they're hooked to a PC.

Quote:
i'm not really talking about drm music. but more in the drm on the device.

edit: this is how the device itself is drm'ed not the mp3's or content you put on the device.
now dont get me wrong drm is not the best security and their are ways around this its just a big pain the rear. in which under normal usage it allows to not to device from device. like other devices.
There are already ways to remove DRM from Apple MP4 files but I won't talk about it here.

In any case, what you're describing above is not DRM but playlist management.
Offline   Reply With Quote