View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 11:44 AM   #348
wooch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Let me relate my experience:

Last night, I upgraded the Desktop Manager SW and the BB OS to support EVDO. All went well, and I originally saw the 1XEV symbol next to the WiFi icon.

After I soft reset, I received the "Data Connection Refused" error. I followed the instructions on correcting it to no avail

Contacted Verizon Wireless Support. The guy had me soft reset, then wipe, then suggested replacing the device. I said I didn't buy fact that the device was dead, but that it was something on their end, a feature that needed to be added to my account.

I mentioned that when dialing the ##000000, there was all zeros for the IP. He contacted customer service, and had them enter a static IP for my account.

I still received the error, and he said that it may take a while to go through their network and hit my device. He said call back if it doesn't. 2 hours later, same error message.

I called back last night, and got another tech. Hi immediately saw the problem, and made a quick change to my account. The error disappeared, and I once again had the 1XEV symbol. I thought all was well, and ended the call.

I tried a wireless activation with our BES server with no luck, and realized I couldn't connect through the BB Browser. So, I'm almost there I thought . . .

Called Customer Service this morning. I told that person what I had been through. She said everything looked good on the account, and that the device could indeed be bad. She put me on hold, and I recalled the static IP change from the night before. When she came back, she mentioned it, and I suggested that they remove the static and put it back to the way it was.

Voila, I immediately received the service books from my Enterprise Activation the night before. I was able to activate it, and the second browser icon appeared.

Now, all is well. Just a point of reference for those of you who've not enabled it. Don't let them tell you that you have a bad device, keep calling until you get a tech that knows what they're talking about. I love the EVDO speeds thus far, and am looking forward to the speed increase. I'm throwing around the idea of getting the modem tether.

Happy Holidays everyone!