View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 02:38 AM   #294
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

For those getting the roaming indicator on their 7250, you are not alone!

I have spoken with VZW and was assured that even though it is showing, being on a national roaming plan (such as America's Choice) assures that as long as you are within the 50 United States, you will NOT be charged for roaming. It took a day and a half before I was able to speak with VZW about this and so I had placed a number of calls in that time with the roaming indicator on and was told my account showed no roaming charges.

The bad news is that there is no understanding as to why it is happening. My best guess at this moment is that it's a result of what the VZW tech who posted on this thread earlier said; the cat got let out of the bag too early for non-business customers and all the kinks may not be fully worked out yet. It seems that there are variances on success for us non-business folks; some having no problems whatsoever (congratulations, Kontiki) and others having more headaches than it's worth, and all levels of situations in between. I am lucky to say that the roaming indicator is the only issue I face. When I'm in an EVDO-supported part of the country, my 7250 shows 1XEV as it should, when I'm not it shows 1X (not 1x anymore).

As for the recently released 7130, my understanding is it's the only phone with the EVDO capabilities built-in, hence VZW is marketing it as their first EVDO capable phone. This is definitely in line with the thought that EVDO support on the 7250 is only for the business folks.

Peace!