Old 09-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbstalker View Post
Recently, I was looking for ways to make my new BB Bold's battery working time longer. I committed some experiments and talked to some battery gurus. Here are the steps how to make your battery stronger, make it live longer and have longer time between recharges. Listed in order of significance.
  1. Train your battery. This is recommended with completely new batteries. You need to drain the battery and fully recharge it about 5 times. Let a movie run (or a short demo video, with "repeat" mode ON) until the phone turns itself OFF. Then recharge it with the battery charger. Battery charge is more preferable for the training. Repeat this operation 5 times.
  2. Turn OFF 3G if you don't need it.
  3. Turn OFF WiFi if you don't need it all the time. Turn it ON only when you want to use it.
  4. Turn OFF Bluetooth. Turn it ON only when you want to use it.

This improved my Bold's battery dramatically. Before I had to recharge it every night despite not active using during the day. Now it takes 5-7 days between recharging, depending on how often I use it.

If you have more tips please add.

@Moderators: please stick it to the top if possible. Thank you.
I do not agree to your "training your battery" instructions.

Turning off WiFi and Bluetooth is just common sense.

Saying you went from charging every night to only needing to be charged every 5-7 days is . . . well the truth is not being represented in this statement!
Offline   Reply With Quote