View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #5
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjt79 View Post
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I scoured the posts and used the search function as much as I could tolerate before posting this.

After receiving a copy of my sent emails using Gmail POP3 and trying to edit my signature to remove the "Sent from my Blackberry Device" with no luck, I called Verizon to ask if I could do this. I was told flat out "No." I was told that no one can. When I told him (as from my knowledge on here) that other carriers give their users a BIS application to configure on the web, he had nothing to say to that other than the fact that Verizon Wireless doesn't. I see posts about people going to the BIS website for VZW on Blackberry.com - it no longer is active. I can only access BIS from my 8830 directly. It doesn't allow me to change the signature there.

Therefore, I also can't change the settings suggested on some of the posts here to get the Gmail "sent email" forward to stop.

Is this a new version of BIS for Verizon? Is everyone else on Verizon crippled just like me or has Verizon done it to us yet again?

One more reason to hate Verizon just as much as I love them.

I just logged on and was able to change mine.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
In vzw you can change the signature from a PC by using the link above or you can change it through your e-mail settings application which has an icon on your bb desktop.

LET'S GO CANES!
Offline   Reply With Quote