View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 12:10 PM   #31
ashleyneiltaylor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailor View Post
Just thinking about what you're saying and in order for the WiFi to work over BES your BES server needs certain ports open and accesible from whatever WiFI you are accessing, this is documented at RIM's Site
The BES server clearly has connectivity to the global Blackberry infrastructure and so if you are linked to a BES you can get BIS working.
If you are on BIS then effectively you are just connecting to your providers BES server.
If this is all true then it would appear that O2 just haven't opened the relevent ports on their servers!?!?
Not necessarily. You do not need to be able to connect directly to the BES for it to work over WiFi. Even if you can connect to the Blackberry Infrastructure (in our case rcp.eu.blackberry.com) you will be able to communicate with the BES. We only have the default ports open on our Firewall.... note when I'm at home, I only connect to the Blackberry Infrastructure, not my BES because I don't have a VPN session running.

Not sure why it won't work with BIS though. I can't think it a port issue, but I may be wrong. Actually now wondering if this is a Service Book Issue

Last edited by ashleyneiltaylor; 12-03-2007 at 12:24 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote