View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #45
PaulM
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: 28ae483a
Carrier: the "new" at&t
Default Re: Desktop Manager will not connect/detect my BB

Add me to the list of people that cannot get DM 6.1 to recognize my BB. This is not my first rodeo with DM/OS/phone upgrades so I would like to think that I'm fairly competent when it comes to this sort of thing.

I've recently upgraded to a 9810 from a 9700 and that's when my issues started. I was able to switch devices and pull all of my data from the 9700 to the 9810 without issue.

Next day, attempt to use DM and it will not recognize my BB. I have done everything and anything listed in the various troubleshooting methods, Completely removed DM, cleaned the registry, etc. and re-installed DM, updated my drivers, etc. You name it and I've tried it. My USB is brand new and I've also tried the one from my last phone without luck.

When connected, my computer is recognizing the Micro SD as the F: drive, the phone it's self as the G: drive, and the phone with PIN is showing up as being connected thru the device manager as well. DM just refuses to acknowledge it. I'm currently on my 5th iteration of removing and re-installing the DM and wiping everything and I'm getting pretty fed up with trying to get this thing to work.

The 9810 is on OS 7.0.0.583 and the DM is version 6.1.0.36 straight off of RIM's website.

At this point I'm just frustrated and pretty much done with trying to get this thing to work until a new DM version is released with a potential fix.

:: late edit :: Another oddity if it helps, Even though the DM will not physically recognize my phone, for troubleshooting purposes, the DM is set to start whenever a device is connected.

If I plug my phone in, the DM will start up, but it still will not connect. It just sits at the connection screen with the "troubleshoot my connection" at the bottom. hmmm

64GB PB - OS 2.1.0.840
9810 - OS 7.1.0.714 unlocked
9800 - unlocked/ bathtub victim
9700 - sold ?
8310 - unlocked
8100 - sold

Last edited by PaulM; 01-12-2012 at 01:12 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote