View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 09:05 PM   #20
Spartan115
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hey Guys,

I am the developer of the program and appreciate the discussions/suggestions that I am seeing floating around the web on my new software. In response to some of the posts, you all raise good points. However, the assumption I created the program under is that the majority of the people who are swiping BlackBerries off of people on the subway are not the most tech savvy people. If the phone is locked remotely you can't access it without a password. Also, if the app is hidden (which I am posting instructions on how to do) the thief would probably not know that the application is on the phone. Thirdly, the ringer will go off continuously until shut down via the website, even after the battery is taken out and replaced, and even if the sim card is swapped (I assume most pawn shop dealers put a battery in it to test it before they purchase it). As for the GPS function. It works. if the cops don't believe it, you can try and find it yourself. Lastly, if you lose your phone, or if it is taken, there are a number of ways built in to get in contact with whoever happens and maybe negotiate a return of the device, maybe for a little bit of a reward, an option you didn't necessarily have before.

Essentially, if it falls into the wrong hands, you should be able to render it useless to them (at least temporarily) and hopefully get them to return it. If anyone has any other comments, questions, suggestions... feel free to post them here or PM me. I will try to check and respond as often as possible. Thanks guys!

-Dan