View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #20
kalinka
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT and verizon

I have had the curve for about 2.5 weeks now. One would imagine that there is a more of a learning curve on the Pearl with the sure type but there is just as much learning curve typing on the curve. The keys seem so small and there are so many of them and at first I made more typos on that then on the pearl. After a bit the different keyboard lay out gets more instinctive and now I can almost type as fast. The only thing that slows me down is the lack of predictive text. I was used to typing 3 letters and then scrolling to the word which makes things really fast.

I still like talking on the Pearl better, it is more comfortable to hold as a phone, the curve feels a little like a brick to me but for the most part I am on a blue tooth all day long so it really does not make a difference.

I have found the battery life to be about the same. I dont know why that is as I thought that the curve had a longer talk time but i have not seen that so far.

The cost of having to type the entire word rather than sure type is worth the ability to be able to type words and email addresses and abbreviations that are unknown to the custom dictionary. I still have the pearl and as a pivot and back up phone so i can still use it but after a few weeks I have decided that the Curve is a keeper and has been very solid.

kalinka
Offline   Reply With Quote