Thread: 4.5 Os
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #255
firsty
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Loaded 4.5.0.42 (58) on my 8700c and everything is working well.

Promised Handheld features included:
Spell check - works but I had already put it on. Has a few nice features like autocheck instead of having to click the wheel to select spell check (bbcorrector)

I use google maps so I'm not sure what POI and BB Maps features look like.
The new pic and ringtone features are cool.

Voice note recording is good but my buddy on an old 8703 (Verizon) couldn't here the recorded note I sent him.

Microsoft Office document editing with DocumentsToGo was pretty cool. In fact, you can also see changes to documents that were edited with track changes enabled.

None of the server side features like HTML seem to be working. My BES IT dept tells me we are running 4.5 on the server side.

One thing I like a lot is that each mailbox can now have its own color on the calendar and you can select to overlay calendars on top of one another. What I can't seem to figure out, however, is how you can have only one calendar in the view ALWAYS. Once I select it from within the calendar, no problem. If I exit the calendar and come back, each mailbox's calendar still shows up. Its like you need a setting that either remembers the last selection or something. Any advice is welcome!!
Offline   Reply With Quote