View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 06:03 AM   #45
irockash
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

You probably won't find a Jawbone 2 cheaper then $129 for the next few weeks... only about 4 or 5 retailers (AT&T, Best Buy, a AT&T agent, and a few more) are able to sell them during the first 30 day exclusivity period. So if you're not in a rush and want a good price, wait 3 weeks for everyone else to get it.

I haven't tried the 2, but I know a few people with the 1, and they love it. I went with a BlueAnt Z9 for a while, enjoyed that (upgradeable firmware is great).

Now I'm using the H12, only because I wanted something with an on/off switch. I don't keep it in my ear, only when I'm driving (even then, its out of my ear half the time) or when I need to free up my hands. So far I'm enjoying it.

I actually prefer the styling of the H681, a little smaller, and still has pretty good sound quality. The last one I tested, people didn't have a problem hearing me in the mall. (I got the H12 for free so I can't complain about the size).

For now, Jawbone 2 is probably the best. BlueAnt has another piece coming out with phone independent voice commands (everything through the headset; favorite numbers, battery status, volume, etc.), look for that later this month. H12 is still pretty new, I haven't heard of anything coming from Motorola anytime soon, but I've always had good luck with their BT products.
Offline   Reply With Quote