Old 05-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #20
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonnerd View Post
Thanks John (et al). I'm still undecided, but I'm going to wait to see how the 9000 shakes out. Luckily my AT&T corporate plan allows almost unlimited handset purchases without a waiting period so I'll let the first day adapters post some feedback on it and then probably get that and stick with the Touch.
In my humble opinion, you already have most of the BEST parts of an iPhone with your iPod Touch. Its multimedia features are best-in-class, the screen is superb, etc. Why do you want the iPhone? Most reports are that the phone part of the iPhone is mediocre at best, this is born out by colleagues of mine, who often find themselves with "no reception" when my Curve (also on AT&T) is working just fine - and the audio quality of the phone is reported to be marginal too. The iPhone does many things wonderfully - being a phone isn't one of them. I also agree with those who say carrying two devices is a PITA. I first and foremost want a PHONE and EMAIL. The multimedia and web browsing on the Curve aren't iPhone class, but they're "good enough" to keep me from carrying an iPod or other device. Convergence - less devices, not more!
Offline   Reply With Quote