View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 12:56 AM   #14
bsingle

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I completely agree with the above: PocketMac rates a 2.5 out of 10 in my estimation. It kind of works to sync contacts. Most of the time it louses up my calendar (taking all-day event items like a holiday and then repeating it multiple times on a completely different day). It doesn't do tasks (which frankly would be more useful for me than my calendar). I haven't even checked whether it does notes.

On top of that, it's also very slow and buggy. And syncing sent mail with Mail.app is just about completely useless, as it opens up dozens of mail windows in the background while I'm trying to do work.

I honestly can't think of anything that PocketMac actually does well, although its handling of contacts generally works all right, although not great by any means.

Does anyone know why so many people have difficulty and for some it works pretty well? Different setups? Poor programming?

ETA: It's a completely half-finished product that hasn't been updated in a while. Does anyone know if they're even continuing development?! I can't even imagine that Apple would try to get iSync to work with BB's because of competition with the iPhone, but we can always hope. I'm not interested (all that much) in the iPhone, but I want my Pearl to work with my Mac.

Last edited by bsingle; 02-23-2008 at 01:02 AM.. Reason: eta
Offline   Reply With Quote