View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 11:32 PM   #4
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruwl View Post
My position is more or less direct user admin/support. you probably met one of our BES engineers ect.

No i wont be going im to low on the totem pole for that lol.

Thanks for the info, i guess ill just have to wait and see what RIM does with this stuff.
So you're a Helpdesk support, with Manager access then? Or you have complete and FULL BES access directly to all components. IF not then most of what you'll learn, you may not be able to perform when you run into a situation were you'll need that full access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
None of the tests are available yet. They will make their debut at WES in Orlando. I believe you had a couple people down in Orlando last year (at least we met one person from your company at the Champions Sports Bar, I believe). You going to be present?

As for the CBTs, they cover a lot of stuff that I rarely, if ever, use in a production environment. I'm not sure if anyone has actually seen one of the final tests, so I'm not sure how valuable these CBTs will be. I can't imagine they'd hurt. And honestly, if you've been doing this for a while, I'd brush up on the CBTs and then combine the daily knowledge with the book knowledge and go from there. It's $150 for the certification, so what can it hurt to just try, ya know?
Pure and sound device. NOTHING like hands on experience; but it doesn't hurt to be educated and prepared.