View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
avanden
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Unlock Code - Denied!

Please Login to Remove!

So I called AT&T the other day to get an unlock code for my Curve. I told them I'm traveling out of the country in the near future. I've been a customer for almost 8 years and have had my BB since October of last year.

I got the following email today:

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, your request for a device unlock code has been denied. To obtain a unlock code for international travel, your account must have the international roaming features added. However, the feature is currently not active on your account. At this time, there is no reoccurring monthly fee associated with this feature but we do need your permission to add it.

For further assistance please call 1-800-331-0500 and we will be happy to assist you with correcting the account and resubmitting a request if needed. This email box is unmonitored; please do not respond to this message.

Thank you for being part of the new ATT.
So it looks like if you're with AT&T and want your BB unlocked for free through them, you need to add their International plan to your phone. Easier to use one of the reputable unlock services, I guess.

Blegh.