View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 12:02 AM   #8
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon View Post
I once lost my BlackBerry by accident, and but I had its Bluetooth turned on. My laptop was already paired with it, so I walked all over the place until my laptop detected my BlackBerry. Found!

(Same trick can be done with a Bluetooth headset that you had already previous paired with your BlackBerry. It will automatically connect to the BlackBerry when it finds the lost BlackBerry).

It's not GPS, so I had to walk around until by chance I was near it again and detected its Bluetooth signal!
However, if the user didn't have specific lock credentials set - as in BES mandatory lock - and someone knowledgeable can go in and UN-Pair a BT headset or device pretty quickly; again if unlocked. So BT Headset or laptop (paired) mine hunting won't work; well it WILL if its lost in a known vicinity.

IMEI & PIN can be tracked by providers ... but I'm sure you'll need to contact your local police first and they contact the provider ... unless the provider does this on your behalf. I'd start with this first. Secondly KEEP checking to make sure you PIN is registered via BIS - just in case someone is trying to BIS activate it; and another provider is asked to remove it unknowingly of your situation.