View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 10:54 PM   #179
onelove5683

Model: 0009d
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sss

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
On 4.2 and older OS's the IT policy is NOT removable. You can overwrite it with another "blank" policy or a policy that doesn't restrict anything. That is what's going on with the policy.bin in this thread. However, the firewall and application permission settings are not included in the IT policy itself. They are pushed out by the BES along with the IT policy in another section of the BES setup. The policy.bin will never disable the firewall or the permissions that have been restricted.

That being said, if you read all of this thread you'll see that RIM has given us some relief from this with OS 4.3. Once 4.3 comes out for the devices then we'll be able to completely remove all It restrictions from the device. Until then, the above policy.bin is the best there is for this problem.
Thanks John. I have read all through this thread (without skipping anything) and all through about 5 other forums.

I have installed the new ITPolicy.bin file from the first post.

Then I downloaded the enterprise express server and used the ITPolicy.exe to modify the ITPolicy.bin and allowed for "SplitPipeConnections", but it still will not allow me to fully install Opera. Although, now it does go all the way to the end of the installation and notifies me that it failed to connect to the internet. (btw, I added the APN: wap.voicestream.com as directed by operamini.com)

So, something changed after I opened up the SplitPipeConnections but still will not allow me to use Opera. Is this because of the firewall issue we're facing?

And is it ok to leave this value as "true"? Or should I go back to using the original ITPolicy.bin from the first post?
Offline   Reply With Quote