View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 08:56 PM   #10
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Home now and I'm at my DD-WRT config screen, here's the quick help blurb they include that boils these settings down into a paragraph:

Fragmentation Threshold
This value should remain at its default setting of 2346. The range is 256-2346 bytes. It specifies the maximum size for a packet before data is fragmented into multiple packets. If you experience a high packet error rate, you may slightly increase the Fragmentation Threshold. Setting the Fragmentation Threshold too low may result in poor network performance. Only minor modifications of this value are recommended.

RTS Threshold
This value should remain at its default setting of 2347. The range is 0-2347 bytes. Should you encounter inconsistent data flow, only minor modifications are recommended. If a network packet is smaller than the preset RTS threshold size, the RTS/CTS mechanism will not be enabled. The router sends Request to Send (RTS) frames to a particular receiving station and negotiates the sending of a data frame. After receiving an RTS, the wireless station responds with a Clear to Send (CTS) frame to acknowledge the right to begin transmission.

Beacon Interval
The default value is 100. Enter a value between 1 and 65,535 milliseconds. The Beacon Interval value indicates the frequency interval of the beacon. A beacon is a packet broadcast by the router to synchronize the wireless network. 50 is recommended in poor reception.

I'm about to try changing these on mine just to see if it helps with my Wifi performance without UMA, I'm getting a bit tired of having to bounce the connection because it's gone dead. :(