View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 11:54 AM   #24
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
Seidio has released a slim extended battery (1250 mAhr; with door) for the original Pearl that only added a tiny amount of depth to the back. I don't know if that will work with the 8130, though. I would assume they will be creating one soon, though.

1250MAH SLIM EXTENDED BATTERY FOR 8100 - *BACY13BB8100G02-BK

Update: I just noticed Mark_Venture's post about the 8130 using the same battery as the original Pearl. I would assume, then, that one could use Seidio's extended battery designed for the original Pearl. I just don't know if the back cover would work, though.
Ask Seidio if it will work (the guy used to be on this forum quite a bit, esp when a new product came out). They also make a 2400mAH battery/cover. The cover has a speaker opening that makes it a lot louder too. I have the slim extended one (Tmob) and am a moderate user (on all day, off during night, not a lot of talk, mostly email/txt/mms). Mine goes about 4-5 days to 20%. I have a hunch some email accounts drain it more, but my OEM battery went 3 days. Be aware that you can't use the thin snap on cases with the bigger battery, the skins/pouches are fine.