View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #22
sam_nj

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redx View Post
I just replaced my screen (aka lens) this past week, the instructional video listed above was very helpful. However, that video shows the full process to replace the actual LCD underneath the glass lens, so you won't need to go quite so far. There was a bit of trial and error for me in trying to figure out how the lens was attached to the face plate. It turns out that there is clear adhesive on the underside of the lens, and it then sits down in the front of the faceplate rather than being attached to the underside of the faceplate. I used a very small flat screwdriver to pry the lens from the adhesive, which worked like a charm. My replacement lens also included new adhesive, which I used to mount the new lens to the faceplate. Overall, it was a pretty easy process, just be careful to not be too forceful as there are some small plastic tabs and very thin plastic pieces on the faceplate involved with this that you don't want to break.
So to replace the 8300 lens do you actually need to open the unit or can you pry it off from the front?
Offline   Reply With Quote