View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #54
r1981ddn

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog_ View Post
So, Amazon gets the phone in stock yesterday (Wed., 10/24) and wastes no time in updating their website to scream "In Stock", and lowering the price to $74.99, so that it's free after rebate.

Despite the involvement now of their executive customer relations department and one of the senior managers at their order fulfillment center, they couldn't manage to get my phone shipped out today. This is the worst case of incompetence I may have ever seen. When they actually ship it is anyone's guess.

The lesson learned is that I should have had very low expectations from Amazon in terms of delivery. That would have eliminated the aggravation I've experienced so far, and I still don't have my phone. Also, I will NEVER order anything from them again where timely delivery is important. In the long run, it may have been worth it for me to save $200, but now I know to realize that "whenever you get it, you get it," regardless of anything it says on their website or what ANYONE in that company tells you.

This is an incredibly poor performance. I'd never recommend to anyone where timely shipping is important.
You are right. I mailed them this question "Placed my order on Oct 14. Amazons whbsite shows that Blackberry 8310 (AT&T) is in stock since 10/24. So just wanted to know when my order would be shipped?"

And their answer was -- "I've checked your order, and I can confirm that we still expect to ship it by the date listed in Your Account: Nov 6, 2007.

This estimated delivery date is calculated by how close the inventory of " AT&T Nation 450 Rollover Minutes + blackberry 8310 Curve Titanium Smart phone (Bundle)" is to the delivery address, as well as how quickly we can obtain and assemble your order for shipment.

We will send you an e-mail at the time of shipment. If you do not receive a shipment confirmation by Nov 6, 2007 + 1 DAY, please contact us"

If they had it in stock on 10/24 why do they want to wait till Nov 6.
Offline   Reply With Quote