View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 01:39 PM   #37
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

It looks like the model 7250 and 7290 may be more fragile than the 7210/7230/7290. The 7250 and 7290 are the ones with a different internal design (32MB, Bluetooth, bright screen) and is about 2 millimeters thicker. The ones that got reported broken are these.

I wonder if RIM is aware that they made the 32MB/Bluetooth models more fragile?

In any case, here's another positive report:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Roy
I was walking down the stairs to the parking garage in my building. I received an e-mail. Pulled it out of my holster and read the message. Standing at the top of the stairwell I went to go place it back in the holster but no! It slipped. Oh no I thought, its going to fall down the stairs! I must do something. In a desperate attempt to save my BlackBerry I kicked my foot out as if to catch the handheld and buffer its fall.

That didn't work as planned however. I ended up kicking my BlackBerry clear down the stairs on the solid cement ground at the bottom of the stairwell. And by kick it I don't been it bounced and hobbled down the stairs, I kicked it clear down the stairs, only striking the pavement at the bottom once.

Watching in dismay as the back flew off, the battery popped out. I casually walked down the stairs, suveyed the damage. It looked fine, just the battery was out. I picked it up, plugged it in and watched the hour glass begin to spin.

That was 3 days ago. It works fine :D
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Offline   Reply With Quote