View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
jsternbach
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 24218F0B
Carrier: T-Mobile
Talking

Hey Paul I used to be a sidekick 2 and 3 user myself, but have since than switched to several blackberries (cause I love the bb so much!) Ok, first off the bb has SO many apps, a hell of a lot more than the sidekick ever did or will! I know there is FREE weather app some where on this site or pinstack that you can dl. One of the reasons I switched to a bb is because there is so much free stuff, unlike the sidekick where you must pay for tones, themes, apps, etc...(Don't you have to pay like 2 bucks a month for the underground weather service?)

To answer your second question, the bb can open excel, word, and some of the other major windows/mac programs. Although, I think the spread sheet app for the bb you must buy (check out handango.com). The keypad on the bb is smaller but you certaily do get used to it, it isn't that bad after you have played with the keys for a while, it works great!

The bb can definitly multi task paul! You can be on aim chatting while on the net looking for a movie or can even be getting directions or a traffic report from google maps all at once! I never understood why some sidekick users said that you can't multi' it never made sense to me.
The only couple things I can say you might want to take into consideration (and there minor) are that the bb plan DOESN'T cover unlimited texts, that's an extra 14. Second, at the moment the aim service on the 8320 is not functioning very well this problem is not the 8320's fault but is something that tmo has to figure out with their service configs (should be fixed soon.) There is always another im service called jive talk which works phenomonally well! I am thinking about purchasing it for my 8320. Other than these two minor problems, everything else works amazingly well! I definitly say it feels so much better to be off of the sidekick, after using a berry you really see how limited the sidekick was. Hope this helps you and let us know what your decision is paul.

P.s. The battery on the blackberry lasts longer as well, so you don't have to worry about coming home at 7 to charge.

Last edited by jsternbach; 10-02-2007 at 08:11 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote