View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 08:12 AM   #164
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightofnine View Post
Yeah, well your 8700 version is quite nice I'm sure. However, I bricked my 8703e with it. Got confused and thought you meant 8700 series. This is my first blackberry ever. :P I could try and wipe it but it won't stay turned on long enough to maintain a connection to my pc, and Sprint replaces it for free within the first 30days. But now I've gotta wait up to 5 business days for the replacement. Oh well! Don't make the same mistake as me people!
I'm really sorry about that! It appears that the 8700 series is taking badly to this theme if you don't have the right OS version. I've always maintained that the minimum OS requirement is 4.2.1, which a lot of 8700 and 8703 users don't have by default. On most devices, if you install a theme without having the minimum OS required, it will simply not show the theme in the theme list. On the 8700, it is showing the theme, and it is allowing you to apply it, even when you don't have the right OS. This is what I've been able to gather from a few bricked 8700c/8703e users over the last few days. So I've tried to increase the visibility of the minimum OS requirements on my web site, and I'll say it here too:

WARNING: You MUST have OS 4.2.1 or later or you may render your BlackBerry 8700 series unusable!
Offline   Reply With Quote