View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #47
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

Saua - This is a great app. I finally had a chance to play around with 0.3.1 yesterday and this morning with my 8100. I have a couple of comments & suggestions, but take them for what they're worth -- the app is great as is.

1) Connecting to GPS: Last night it connected fine. This morning I had some issues and had to restart the pearl before the app would connect to the bluetooth GPS. I checked and I did have the option checked to initialize GPS on start up, so I don't know what went wrong. Probably something with the device and the bluetooth API, not with your app.

2) I love the different views for elevation, speed, and track. You commented in your last post that the space bar should switch between views, but that doesn't seem to work on my 8100.

3) Additional view: consider adding an additional view that shows the stats in larger text, without a graph. For example, coordinates, speed, elevation, heading, and maybe average speed shown in larger fonts. Some people also like to have a view showing number and location of satellites, but I don't care about that.

4) Visibility: Consider messing around with the background and font/track colors for better visibility. I don't have any suggestions as to what would work better, but the black on white is kind of hard to see. One thing I recommend is for you to pick what you think works best and leave it at that. I don't see any reason for color choices -- unless it's really easy to program.

That's all I got for now. Thanks for your work on this -- the application is really fantastic.

Last edited by Spamdumpster; 08-17-2007 at 08:39 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote