View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 10:30 AM   #5
bthooper
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I realize that my position on Gmail may be contrary to the spirit of most BB users. The basic truth is that I don't need push email. I just don't. I like being able to check my email, but I don't need it pushed to me. In fact, I find it less productive because of its tendency to distract me from what I'm trying to do in the moment.

That said, I do like being able to check my email whenever and wherever I can, on my schedule. So if I have a few spare moments, I can jump into Gmail and check out my email. The biggest advantage to using the Gmail app is that whatever I do to the email (delete or archive) that is immediately reflected online. So I am perfectly in sync. If you use POP, you have some options as to how you manage the email, but it isn't perfectly in sync. I only wish I could apply labels to email prior to archiving them in the Gmail app...then it would be perfect.

I do have a super-secret gmail account set up to push to the phone, and I give that out to the few people who might actually need to interrupt me. But not all my email goes there!