Old 07-10-2007, 01:16 AM   #8
mrs_snuggles

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle View Post
For what it's worth, if they were that important, how come you didn't back the handheld up more recently or save those important texts in your saved messages folder?

Your only option to protect all your data is to do consistent backups. Or delete things on your handheld that don't need to be there. Remove the sample video, extra language inputs that you don't need, etc. There are many things that you can do to prevent the problem from happening again.
Hi Pizzle,

Sorry for replying so late, I was offline for almost 2 weeks (no laptop).
To answer your question: I did not back up my handheld more recently because for the past 9 years, I only had very smart and clever Nokia phones. They wouldn't ever delete my data just like that. If a Nokia phone runs low on memory, it lets me know. Then I have the option to delete messages myself. I never ever deletes data on its own, it would just not download a new message until I made more space available.
Very smart.

And seriously: what is it with all those steps to get extra memory space (like removing the sample video, removing the extra input languages, changing the space allowed for media, keeping the calender inputs for a shorter time ...and so on and so forth).
Seriously, what's up with that?? This is supposed to be a smart phone, not a dumb phone assembled in China. This is stupid crap.

Blackberry is a big disappointment to me. I have to say I really like my device (the Curve), but I don't think that my next phone will be a Blackberry again.
I'm not a 15 year old teenager who has time to do all these hideous steps on the phone just to get memory space. I'm a 30 something year old business owner, my equipment needs to work perfectly.

Why can't the phone just let me know that I'm running low on memory?
This is really just very, very stupid. There is no other way to put it.

Blackberry Curve = Big disappointment.
Under-engineered phone that was released on the market too early. Those flaws should have been corrected first.