Old 06-30-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default MemoryUp - Mobile RAM Booster for BB

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone used this app before? MemoryUp-Mobile RAM Booster (Specially Designed for BlackBerry) by MobiStudio Inc - Handango BlackBerry 8800 Software

I am trying the trial version. It also means I thought I understood how free memory worked on BB's but I am not so sure now. I gathered from most of the posts here that free memory = file free in Status represented the same thing (yes, we all snicker at people that think memory = HD space on PC's, but that's another story). However, I am now thinking that there is well, RAM also to consider (which, I haven't seen much discussion on here, not to the same extent as file free numbers at least).

Anyways, here is the description from Handango:

Quote:
MemoryUp V 1.5 --- Mobile RAM Booster for BlackBerry
xxx12288;
* What is MemoryUp? xxx12288;
xxx12288;
MemoryUp is a powerful Java virtual machine (JVM) management and RAM boosting tool specially designed for BlackBerry. What MemoryUp exactly does is to take control of JVM for each BlackBerry system, smartly analyze running J2ME programs (including hidden programs), automatically allocate and recover respective occupied RAM and boost system to its best performance.

xxx12288;For most BlackBerry, there are dozens of J2ME programming running in front-end or back-end, which takes lots of RAM from your BlackBerry. Many BlackBerry owners have also installed J2ME programs on their phones. MemoryUp can help you to automatically analyze and recover up to 50% RAM occupied by these programs. By using MemoryUp, to boost you BlackBerry is one click away!

A must have for BlackBerry owners and J2ME program funs! Enjoy!xxx12288;

* Features:

xxx12288; - Smart management of Java virtual machine (JVM)

- Startup boost/Automatic boost/Manually quick boost for your choice

- Real-time JVM RAM calculation

- Warning/Auto-recovering RAM at your preset threshold

- Intuitive interface and super easy-to-use for non-professional mobile users

- Advanced boosting features (force system to use large cache, prohibit kernel to disk swapping, auto-allocate critical threads, etc.) for professional mobile users

- Full support for Blackberry
Anyone used this app? Comments?
Offline   Reply With Quote