Old 06-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
BeachBumSteve
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: T o' Bitters
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Rider View Post
My Curve will not sync the handheld entries in the calendar back to Outlook. From Outlook to the hand held no problem. Additionally I get double entries when I sync. My unit lists 0 entries for the calendar even though I have many. I have tried the "work around" but was unsucsessful. I shouldn't need to use a work around on a new device. On top of that I paid full retail. I don't use the email or data features, only use the Curve to sync 3 different computers to one location on my hand held. I like the size and feel and features of the Curve over my 8800. I'm ready to return the phone but don't know if I should try another.

Any thoughts?
I'm seeing the same problem, although I'm only synching one PC. I've tested both with and without the calendar service books loaded and get the same result. Searching the RIM support site implies this only happens in BES environments, but I'm on BIS. Looking at the synch log shows Intellisync is sending the entire calendar to the 8300 each time you synch, while notes, contacts and tasks are synchronized. The Intellisync configuration is set to synch, not import or export. Looks like a problem with Intellisync...either how it analyzes the data in the two calendar databases or it has a problem reading it's own config options. It could also be a problem with the BB software in that it reports "0" entries in the calendar DB
Additionally, using selective backup/restore does not let you clear the calendar, probably because the unit thinks it already has "0" records.

Has anyone seen this issue in a BES environment?

Last edited by BeachBumSteve; 06-18-2007 at 08:37 AM..