Thread: 8800 Videos
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #59
carlitos2577

Model: 7100T
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos2577
I've used the old mplayer mencoder way of converting a file through DOS and havent had a problem. Im now trying to use the Blackberry Video Creator and while mencoding In going through the process it goes through, audio decoder=fine, video filter=fine, when it gets to video decoder is where I have an error "The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec". Any thoughts? By the way its an mpg file. Ive done it the manual way with the same file using mplayer and it works. Any suggestions?
Okay, scratch that reply. This is what Ive done to fix the problem I was having. These are things I wasnt doing correctly: make sure you save the file your trying to convert in the mplayer folder and rename it with one word, then take that file and open it in Creator, now make sure you save the new encoded file in the mplayer folder with any one word name you choose as long as you add ".avi" to the new file. That seemed to have fixed my problem. I don't know if these couple things have been mentioned already, but just in case, there you go, so far so good