View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 07:34 PM   #10
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Copying your own DVDs for backup or conversion is safe, and yes, it's posting them online and sharing that gets one into trouble.

As to lip sync issues, mostly when I convert YouTube videos, I have to really work around the issue. You basically have to rip the sound then sync the video with the sound file.

I use Windows FREE MovieMaker [that is on most people's computers]. Look at this hassle.

First I have to convert the flash or other file into a format that MovieMaker will open and let me edit. Usually I can use Super C to convert it to Windows WMV.

Then I play the video and rip the sound into a separate audio file, using a program I have for that, Polderbits [lots of audio ripping files out there].

Then I open MovieMaker and import the video and audio files.

In MovieMaker I then adjust the audio to mute the sound on the video and to put the imported audio at max volume.

MovieMaker then lets me "slide" the audio file forward and in reverse to match the video.

I then save the WMV file and use Super C to convert it back into an AVI file or other format that I choose.

Actually the longest part of the process is ripping the audio, which requires playing the entire video so to rip the sound off into a separate file.

Needless to say, but I will, dealing with sync issues is a hassle so I only do it when I care about the end product. Most of the time on music videos I download I don't bother.

And the only reason I do the above is that I am not aware of any other programs out there to do what I am doing. I am sure there are, but I have not bothered looking since I am used to doing all my video editing with MovieMaker, SuperC and Polderbits.

Here are examples of what I can do. The one is a video I made for a motorcyle forum I belong to. [I call women "hens" so that explains what you see in the one video, by the way].

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/HenCavalcade.wmv

Here is another one, I edited the entire video, with sound, splicing, credits, intro, transitions, etc. It is more elaborate in terms of technique.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/KungFuMovie14MB.wmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force One
Thanks for all the responses. They all helped.

SanFran:

No, I used windows media center on an HP laptop. Funny thing is, I finally got the converter working last night. I was up at 3:AM dancing a jig when the first video came up on the screen. What a cool feeling!!

I'm not attempting to copy DVD's due to the legality issue, but I am recording cable TV. I figure that has to be legal since the computer came with an analog/digital tuner with recording capability. I figure moving the video to my pearl is fine(legal) as long as it ends there, with no sharing.

Only problem I'm having now is some slight lip sync issues. Nothing major but...

There are no options in the blackberry converter for dealing with lip sync. What do you guys do in these cases, if anything?

Thanks again everyone. Great forum and membership, BTW.

AF1

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 02-19-2007 at 08:17 PM..