View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 01:25 AM   #2
JetWiz

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Angry Same problem here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundelm5
New to this forum but hoping you guys can help. I did a search and didn't quite find what I'm dealing with.

Just got an 8700c...paired and downloaded phone book with no issues to my 2003 BMW M5. But I've got a problem with the volume in the car (what I hear). It's too low. Specifically, for every call using the Bluetooth in the car, the volume defaults to 1/2 (shown on the Blackberry screen). I can't adjust it by rolling the track wheel, nor the +/- button on the steering wheel or radio volume button. Volume voice command says volume at max but I can barely hear the caller, especially when driving(windows closed). Default call volume setting in the Blackberry is at 100% but still Bluetooth calls in the car are at 1/2 (bluetooth headset calls are at 100%).

A guy I was chatting with on a BMW forum said he had a similar problem with his Razor and it turned out that his phone's bluetooth profile (headset) volume was set low. Apparently, this had nothing to do with the volume of the phone itself. The only way to adjust this was to modify the gain table on the phone (whatever that is exactly). When I go into the Device Properties for my BMW ULF, I don't see any way to get into the settings for the BMW Services, i.e., Hands-Free unit, Headset or Modem.

Is there a way to adjust the volume of the bluetooth profile used to pair with the car itself. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I totally agree with you...! I was wondering the same thing as I have a 2004 Z4 and experience the same problem. I hope some expert chimes in and helps us out !