Old 02-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #18
dollars5
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: Airtel
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSy
Still tho, is it possible to add cue sheet, gapless mp3, ogg or streaming audio support? either of then would do nicely.

[I know iv jus asked this in "What is a good Mp3 player for Blackberry?" but thought itd get noticed more in this thread.]
We are already working on ogg vorbis support, but that would take time as by default it is not supported on blackberry.

gapless mp3 - we do not pause between mp3 files, once file1 is complete file2 is played almost immediately. We have plans to add some gaps for future versions as it was requested by many people.

CUE sheets - We ran a poll initially for this among our closed beta testers and almost all of them report they do not use cues for their mobile. CUE sheet is just a fact file on the tracks and file locations and we will consier it for our future versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSy
Looks like it lets you record in the vnotes part of the app, it is only voice quality. now if it could do cd quality then there would be another field that the Bb outdid almost every other phone.
Blackberry does not support CD quality recording only voice quality, mono recording - is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendriksen
Does this program allow me to record conversations? I used that all the time on my E61, and it is almost worth getting rid of the Pearl over. I am in the car and on the phone all of the time, and talking while driving is dangerous enough, much less taking notes.
Our vNotes module does it, and it is non-optimized and an highly optimized voice recorder for Blackberry pearl is almost up to release (when you purchase a professional license for multiPlay - you can get that voice recorder with it) - but you will have to wait for atleast 3-4 days before we announce final version releases. [Some features: in our stress test - it recorded for more than 1 hour continously, very fast processing for generating G711 audio files, plans to add high quality GSM 6.10 which is better than AMR]