Old 01-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #20
kolev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy
kolev or anyone,

I am considering purchasing and installing LexSpell and wanted to know initially how much space the programs (dictionary and spell checker) take up on your blackberry. I have a 8700 model, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Significant part of the ideology around LexSpell is that you download and try the program before you ever spending any money on it. Presumably, if you find it good, you may decide it fair to pay for it, but you are not anyhow forced to do that - it's up to your conscious.

The reason I say this is because no matter what I tell you the size is, there is only one reliable way of knowing whether it'll be good enough or not and that is exactly installing it on the device and spending some time with it.

This is particularily true in the BlackBerry world where details as available heap, number of background processes, largest available chunk of memory etc. are hidden from developers.

It may often seem (to a user) that their BlackBerry has sufficient resources, but it may still refuse to load or run an application. Trust me if you want, but because BEIKS' dictionaries and phrase books were the first to push the BlackBerry limits in the memory department we know a lot about that.

Conclusion is - even if I tell you what it requires that would not help.
Only thing that will tell you if it's good for you is to download and try it.

And, for what it's worth, I am running it on 8700 as well
"A pocket full of knowledge"