View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 10:30 PM   #51
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

I believe it's a little early to make a decision on a device that is not out yet. To me, there is simply no substitute for using the device for a suitable period of time and then making a decision. Especially when it's something you use everyday and for a lot of us, it's for business and is very important to our job.

This is the reason I have purchased the 8700c, 7130, and Cingular Pearl. These are all very nice models. All have their pros & cons, since I have enjoyed this opportunity to try the three form factors, I find them all very good models. Each of them is far superior to the Treo's & Moto @ I have used previously.

For me, the best is the 7130c. However that does not make it the "Best BlackBerry" just the one that serves my needs the best. I handle a lot of emails daily along with using the phone and text msg and web access. I also prefer one handed usage and personally find SureType a brilliant solution. One that allows me to compose emails faster and more accurately than the qwerty keyboard that I used for years on Treos. I never thought that anything could replace a qwerty keyboard until I learned SureType.

As far as the 8800 models go, I'm also very interested and will buy one for a trial and then decide! Once I have it in hand and have used it for awhile then I will report my experience.

Cheers..............

Last edited by archer6; 12-14-2006 at 10:35 PM..