View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

I dunno, I'm divided on this. I think it is OK for a company to announce a product offering, especially since there has not been a flood of different companies posting products.

Far as I know, putting 8100 product announcements anywhere but here is like putting the info into a black hole. I don't know about anyone else, but my log on goes directly to this Forum [the 8100] and not other sections. I never go elsewhere. I would find it inconvenient and a hassle if I had to go to more than one section to find information about the Pearl.

Moreover, I like knowing about products or applications. I am sure that most will agree that getting the Pearl does not end the shopping/outfitting process. On every phone I have ever purchased, I spend maybe three to six months researching and buying cases, chargers, batteries, screen protectors, applications, games, etc.

Personally, I like reviewing other users' experiences with any of the above. And I like finding the information in this Forum, not elsewhere.

Just my opinion on the issues.