View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #80
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigletsyz
Ok, well I drilled it from the outside and the holes are much nicer looking the way I did it. The inside holes don't look anywhere close to as nice, even after attempting to "polish" them. In theory maybe you are right, but the fact is that there is that fine mirror finish over the speaker and it will just splinter once that drill bit pokes through it, just like wood does when you drill through it. I understand what you're saying, but I am just stating the facts.

Good luck if you decide to do it.
you could use high strength floss and floss the hole to a smooth hole.... but you got my point.... What are we trying to do here????

1. Are we trying to create holes to hear better?
2 Or are we making holes because you want it to look cool(er).

Personally, I love the look of the whole phone, and if i were to make holes i would want them to be functional but also so tiny that you had to look hard to find them....

For those who did the holes.... did you take the next step and apply a small strip of silicon to the door so the sound waves do not travel up like it was designed?

I learned my lesson from the tmobile logo rubout. the speaker is staying stock on mine.
Offline   Reply With Quote