View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 03:07 PM   #77
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigletsyz
why would you drill from the inside? you would get a rough outside edges on the holes. Having the speaker facing down is not a bad thing once the holes have been drilled. If you read my above post, you will see that the sound will "echo" off the desk. It sounds great like that. Good luck finding a dremel bit the size of a pin too. Dremels are cutting tools, not drilling.
False False False.

if you pretend to zoom in with your mind as close as you can to the contact where the dremel or drill bit is going into an object, the tip of the bit is a point, that is expanding out to the thickness of the total bit..... from zero point to wide. When you drill down into something, you are actually creating a crator into the object, or a indepth hole. think of a swimming pool.

Now if you do it the opposite way when you pierce the backside of the blackberry door, you have a small whole with no crater, no ridge... just the slightest hole. Here you could rub or polish the ruff edge if there is one, but it is much smaller.

Hogwash you say!

this is very easy to do.

take out two small pieces of 2X4
Rest the battery door with the inside part facing you. with a towel or rag, clamp the top and bottom of the door to the blocks.....

Take a black fine point marker, make your pattern.

take out your drill with whatever size drill bit you want.... i have particularly have a set of tiny drill bits, can be found at any hardware store.

Make sure to have another small block in the middle of the door underneath so it is nice and sturdy....

Very slowly drill down untill you barely pierce the back of the battery door. Use a polish cloth to rub out the back of the door for any stray pieces of plastic...

and your done.....

This isn't rocket science. There is no fancy trick to do this. It is not like rubbing or scratching your pearl with a wet penny. This is basic hardware/electrical stuff.

If you wanted to get hardcore..... you would actually use the dremel to create an identical rounded square like the camera... just half the size.... cut it out and then glue metal mesh into the hole.... basically like the 7100 without the plasitc piece covering it.

THat would make it look stock.

my opinon about the whole placement of the speaker and how it goes out the top is very favorable. When i had my 7100t and used speakerphone i used to have to turn the phone around to hear the speakphone, then people couldn't hear me because the microphone was not facing me. It was a big problem..... With the sound coming out the top, i do not suffer from this anymore. I have the phone facing the right way and i can use the speakerphone.

with the rogers update, my movies and mp3s are super loud, i have to keep them on 40-50% loudness to not disturb others...

Last edited by krad; 10-18-2006 at 03:12 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote