View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 02:52 AM   #2
nomoresmartphones
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Well, I am by no means an expert, but I did some troubleshooting on my 7520 today, so I can definitely pass on my recent experience.

1. RIM wants you to setup a seperate mail profile just for the BB. All you have to do is go to the control panel, choose mail, setup a new profile with the same settings as the one you want to sync with (i.e. server name and account name). Then open the Desktop Manager, go to Mail Options, and choose that new profile (you can call it blackberry).

2. Make sure "Cached Exchange Mode" is turned off. This is only an available setting with Outlook 2003. Similar to above, go to Control Panel, Mail, Show Profiles, choose the BB profile, click Properties, click E-Mail Accounts, then CHange existing accounts. Make sure this option is NOT selected.

3. A last possible option is what is called a dbclean. SOmething with the Desktop redirector places some settings in the actual exchange mailbox on the exchange server. WHile you can uninstall workstation software until your fingertips bleed, these files on the server are not completely removed until you perform a dbclean. I am not sure if this totally works with your model phone, or the Vodaphone service. I call NEXTEL, have to go through 3 levels of tech support, then get transferred to RIM. RIM will e-mail you an .exe file that is used for the process.

I hope this helps shed a little light on your situation. If you find out anything else, please do share. ANd GOOD LUCK!