View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #37
iceman72
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
no offense to your statement, but i see a few things wrong. first, i'm guessing your american (no worries, me too), which hint towards the 'sue first' mentality. second, the phone does support WAV files currently and even has some on the phone, to my knowledge. third, if consumers would do just an inkling of research prior to making a purchase, they would find out whether or not certain features were available - it's been known since week 1 or week 2 post-release for the 7100i that WAV files could NOT be downloaded - the phone supports it, but the browser did not.

Ok so let me understand your argument here. So lets say that I sold a nice new keyboard. And fist off it is assumed that all the keys work on this new keyboard. I also have in the description that what you are buying is a fully functional keyboard. Then when released to the public lets say that everyone finds out that only every other key works. Lets say that I do absolutely nothing to fix this problem. Let also say that I was charging $300 bucks for this keyboard. Now do you think I would not be sued? Especially if after many discussions I consistantly blamed the manufacturer for the issue and they blamed me for the issue. So would you blame the consumer for going out and buying this device with out knowing this? With all the products on the market that everyone buys, you expect everyone does 100% research on everything before they buy it? Thats just not how it works chief. Don't think so. First off my wife purchased my BB 7100i for my birthday. So I had no clue I was getting it. So am I a stupid consumer? After having this bb7100i for almost 2 full months, I am still learning how to use it and new things it can do. So is it my fault that I learned later on after the return policy was over that I could not use a feature that I am told it supports? You know how much people in the nextel stores know about blackberries? It took me a few weeks just to find this site. Thats when I found out about the ring tones. Trust me buddy, most of the population out there does not find forums to learn about products they buy. Only nerds and tech geeks like us do. So this is not acceptable for this function to not work. I dont care who they blame. Bottom line is that it should and damit I wanna use it. I mean damn who in the heck uses midi ring tones anymore? Jezz isn't that assumed. I have seen free phones in crane machines use wav and mp3 ring tones. It has nothing to do with being made for a business minded person.
Email - [email address]