View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 12:38 AM   #12
cmorning

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

If someone can get me the BlackBerry.alx that O2 is using I can tell you what font missing and build it in to a alx.

I am doing a ton of custumizations to the device code sets that we are distributing globally within our company. For example on the 72xx devices, I've sucessfully combined mutiple carrier's versions together to create a hybrid device module that includes all languges we require. One 72xx install is much easier to support than one from each carrier.

In terms of themes, we distribute one internal version of the 7100 software. Users will get this version no matter which 7100 they have. The user will then have the option to choose the theme and language of their choice no matter if the 7100 came from T-Mobile, Vodafone, or Rogers. This is all done in the BlackBerry.alx and specified as required. Thus the themes, languages, and additional api libraries the we need are all part of the core load and the supportable by our global help desks.

So far it is working out pretty well. I just need to add the Cingular and O2 pieces for the 7100 in as soon as I can gather all the pieces.

Chris