View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #9
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Wirelessly posted (7130e VZW: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:
Originally Posted by havaloc
Verizon is upgrading this Monday, however, I've looked all over and cannot find out what RIM needs for real time (besides enterprise).

The manual for 2.0 says: Depending on the email providers implementation...either 15 minutes...or downloads immediately.

Only thing I can think of is IMAP IDLE, but other than that, I'm at a loss and there just isn't any information on it.
Apparently some providers will send a notice to your BIS saying there is a new message, at which point your BIS will immediately go and download the new message. No telling what providers do this, but I'm guessing not many right now. So functionally, this won't be much different in the new BIS until more providers implement the necessary notification.

And the 15 minute delay might not be a big deal most of the time, but when you need immediate access, you really need immediate access. So if that's a necessary part of your BB needs and you're not using BES, you might consider forwarding to your BIS rather than have BIS poll your accounts.