Carrier: Cingular
Default Idea Matrix for Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Idea Matrix for Blackberry

Date reviewed: 04/05/06
Verison reviewed: 2006.03.19
Price as reviewed: 59.95
========================================

Hi again everyone. As I stated from the thread, "Todo Matrix for Blackberry", I bring you a review for Idea Matrix. Also from rexwireless.com. With virtually the same layout as the Todo Matrix, the tree-branch view can be a little confusing for first time users. Idea Matrix is aimed at the individual who stays very organized and wants a versatile database to store their "good ideas".

As with the Todo Matrix, the hot keys are listed below for quick functionality. With rexwireless's current version, there does not seem to be a way to collapse the branches that you currently don't want to view (making the view easier and clearer). The color of the database is a brick red (or so) and is a feature that cannot be changed. Upon entering a folder, you are presented with more drab colors. The highlighted idea is highlighted in black with white letters and the unselected ideas are creme colored with black lettering.

In the edit screen of an idea, you are presented with a pretty basic format. There is a private option, an alert option, and the subject area. The alert options given are set-quick or set-date. I like this option, because it adds further versatility to the program. The set-quick option can be set in varying increments from 5 mins to 6 weeks. The set-date option is pretty much self explanitory if you ask me!

In this example I set an alert for 5 mins. The alert functioned decently. I was on my home screen watching and waiting for the alert. The device vibrated fairly strongly and a pop up screen gave me options similar to a task or calendar appointment, with snooze, dismiss, ect..

The back up option, back up to web, was quick (so quick I didnt have time to take a screen shot). The restore from web option was nice, but did take a little bit longer. I like the idea that I can back my items up a web based system, but wonder how secure or stable that is for my infomation.

The backup notification screen:

And the restore option processing my request:

Overall, this program is nice and I can see the functionality for someone who is constantly on the go and wants to keep his/her ideas organized and on file. The standard memo program in my opinion does not do the blackberry justice. I feel that the todo matrix was worth the $50+, but the idea matrix might be a little overpriced due to the demand of an application like this.

Overall it earned 3 out of 5 blackberrys from me:

Enjoy!

Last edited by coreyg510; 04-05-2006 at 07:18 PM..