View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #13
titetanium
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: Up
Carrier: t-mobile

DeafCeo,

I'm deadly serious, matter of fact, I have done it several times last month. If you have the mobile AIM working, especially in text/sms mode, (I believe this might be t-mobile's strength, I cannot vouch if cingular does the same because t-mobile treats all IM as sms), you will be able to do VCO calls without an additional device.

1) You'll need to add my iprelay to your buddy list in aim, make sure it's in the mobile group.
2) Now, go to aim.com and register your phone nbr and turn on IM forwarding, you'll need that.
3) Send an sms shortcode to 4646 (t-mobile shortcode for aim signon), type your screen name followed by space, followed by your passward, then send.
4) Send sms shortcode to myiprelay to get an operator, and then type 2lvco call from your nbr to hearing party's nbr
5) This is important, you'll need to remain in the messages app, so when the relay operator calls you, press the green button to answer, put the operator on hold, click wheel and then scroll down and click new call, type new nbr. When you're connected to the new nbr, click wheel>join call, then press escape to home screen, click ok if you get a prompt. Then go back to messages, from then on you'll get text msgs from the relay operator, which you'll read then you respond using your voice as if your talking normally. It's a little clunky, but it works. At least I'm using some of those minutes, and not wasting them just because I'm deaf.

Have fun!

Titetanium

Last edited by titetanium; 04-24-2006 at 08:41 PM..