View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
cwood

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T
Red face SQL vs MSDE

Thank you for your help on this.

To address the first response, it doesn't really matter to me if the service account is a member of the Domain Users, I had just read on a post here that the calendar would not synch if the service account was a member of the Domain Users in a clustered Exchange environment. I am not in a clustered environment now but I did want to plan for tomorrow while making this move, if I had something wrong.

For the second response, I am not moving from SQL to MSDE. I currently run on MSDE and everything is somewhat alright. However, I do have many warnings in my App log on the BES related to policy settings not being applied and they are usually accompanied by warnings about SQL connections. I don't have a clue if one is related to the other. That is why I am asking these questions. I am going over every little detail and when I see something that I might have done wrong the first time I check to see if it might be causing some of my current problems. Hopefully I will reduce the amount of time I spend chasing answers to all of these cryptic warnings by correcting any possible mistakes I made before.

Thanks again.