View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #15
williamsbr

Model: 7250

All the info I see on the Cingular site refer's to only tethering via USB. Thier is even a table listing the ways you can connect a PC using Windows XP to a RIM BB 8700C. I go into the BB Device Manager and put a check on "Enable Bluetooth Support" and click on Configure Bluetooth, it gives me an error of "no port service on the device". I work on a corporate help desk, so I am doing this for someone else. On my BB 7250, I had to upgrade the OS on my BB and then dial into my service provider, Verizon, to enable the EVDO support on my BB. It was not enabled by default and the OS version that was on my BB, did not support EVDO even though the hardware did. Yes, the plot sickens. Does anyone know how to enable the EVDO support on a 8700C with Cingular as the service provider? I am the first point of contact for BB support in my organization. Thier is someone else but all he does is add the user's to the BES server so that they can send and receive thier exchange email on our network. Later.